Sandra received her law degree in 1987 from the University of Alberta and has been a member of the Law Society of BC since 1990. She is a member of the Canadian Bar Association (CBA) and the CBA Family and Alternate Dispute Resolution sections. Sandra has been practicing family law since 1990, and has been with Siebenga & King Law Offices since 2007.
In 2001, Sandra intentionally focused her family practice on resolving disputes through negotiation, mediation, case conferences, and Collaborative law. She strives to find practical, cost effective solutions for her clients; enable them to navigate their post-separation journey with confidence; and support best possible outcomes for them and their children.
Sandra is accredited by the Law Society as a Family Law Mediator, a Parenting Coordinator and Family Law Arbitrator. She has been a member of the BC Parenting Coordinators Roster Society since 2007: www.bcparentingcoordinators.com, and a roster member of the Hear the Child Society since 2012: www.hearthechildsociety.ca. She has been a member of The Collaborative Association since its inception in 2002: www.nocourt.net.
Sandra has completed and continues to do coursework in areas that intersect family law: family dynamics, high conflict separations, separation and attachment, child development, parenting plans, children’s participation in the justice process and interviewing children. Sandra also has personal experience in dealing with the challenges presented by children and teens with attachment & complex needs.
Sandra recognizes the importance of children being heard in legal matters affecting them. She has interviewed children to canvass their views for parenting coordination matters, and she has prepared non-evaluative Hear the Child reports for parents and the courts.
When not at the office, Sandra enjoys outdoor activities and spending time with friends, family and her German Shepherd. She also enjoys horseback riding and spends several hours a week refining her equestrian skills.
Sandra M. Jennings, LLB
Family Lawyer, Collaborative Lawyer, Mediator, Parenting Coordinator
- Family Law – Separation, Divorce, Adoption
- Agreements - Cohabitation, Pre-nuptial, Separation
- Parenting Plans – Guardianship, Parenting Time
- Financial Settlements – Support, Property
- Hear the Child Reports
- Collaborative Separation & Divorce
- Parenting Coordination
- Law degree (LLB) - University of Alberta - 1987
- University of Alberta - 1983-1984
- Concordia College - 1982-1983
- Collaborative Law
- Family Law Mediator Certification
- Family Law Arbitrator Certification
- Parenting Coordinator Certification
Memberships & Associations:
- The Law Society of BC (admitted 1990)
- Canadian Bar Association (Since 1995) - Family Law & ADR Sections
- Collaborative Association (since 2002)
- BC Parenting Coordinators Roster Society (since 2007)
- Hear the Child Society Roster (since 2012)
- AFCC - Association of Family & Conciliation Courts
- Access Pro Bono Society of BC (since 2010)
- Divorce Care– guest speaker, family law (since 2007)
- People's Law School – presenter
- MCFD Adoption Education Program– guest speaker, parent panel (2009 – 2014)
- Stepping Stones (youth parenting program) - Advisory Board (2004-2007)
- Peace Portal Counselling Centre - Advisory Board (1999-2001)